Check back often, as the list is updated up to the minute. Don't see that house you are eyeballing? I can get you through it for a private showing. Click the specific county you are looking
Think Spring And Think Home Maintenance
Doing these simple and inexpensive tasks will save you money down the road. Not to mention it will keep your home looking great and keep your home value from falling.
1) Gutters & Downspouts: Clean leaves and debris from gutters and make sure downspouts are attached properly and have proper drainage. You can run hose on the roof to check for leaks or backups and fill cracks with epoxy and clean downs as needed.
2) Siding: Always a good idea to have siding pressure washed to keep mold from growing. Paint as needed. Cracked or peeling paint needs to be scraped (make sure to clean up the chips) and repainted.
3) Exterior Caulking: Check for any deteriorating areas and replace as needed. Make sure to seal any cracks that would allow water, dirt, or pests to enter into.
4) Window Sills, Door Sills, Thresholds: Fill cracks, caulk edges, repaint or replace as needed.
5) Window and Door Screens: Check for holes, anything bigger than a dime allows bugs to come in. Patch holes or repair screens.
6) Hot Water Heater: Drain tank. Check to make sure exhaust pipe in place and secure. Make sure no leaks around water line joints.
7) Furnace/AC: Have serviced*. Change filter. Clean outside AC unit.
8) Roof: Inspect for any loose shingles, clean roof of debris, have roof cleaned of any moss.
9) Foundation/Chimney: Check for loose mortar and have sealed to prevent moisture from entering
10) Decks/Porches: Check for deterioration and loose rails and repair as needed. Decks should be sealed every 4-6 years.
11) Landscape: Time to clean up flower beds and trim back shrubs. Curb appeal goes a long way.
12) Smoke/CO2 Detectors: If you can't remember when you last changed batteries in the units, chances are they need replaced.
*HAAS Heating & Cooling (330) 844-9303
I have a background in construction and a BA in Marketing. I have done just about every part of building a house. As a buyer, I can help you recognize what to look for in your dream home and things ....
Latest Blog Posts
Quick Tips for When You go to view a HOME!1. Walk through the entire House to get a feel for the layout.(do you think you need to make many changes? Is thereenough space?2. Check the
Are you looking for the most bang for your buck? Do you want a big GARAGE? Barn? Or SHED? These Properties all have that and MORE!Stark County Homes with at least 2+ garages, or a shed, or barn!
When your going to sell your HOME you want top $ and you want to do it on the cheap! So here are some Free things to do!Do one or do them all! TO be sure to bring in top$$ and then hit the button at